Today my father took to Cinnamon Coffee Cakes and began the first battle of Little Debbie versus Hostess. These were his findings.
Overall appearance goes to: Little Debbie. Seems very appealing with the decorative label.
Hostess Comments: Soft and fluffy cake. Cinnamon-y with a tiny crunch. Delicious.
Little Debbie: Larger cinnamon chunks, yet lacking cinnamon flavor. Dense and moist cake. Good, but missing something.
Final verdict: Hostess! The cinnamon flavor and soft fluffy cake were just not to be beaten. Not even by decorative labels.
Stay Tuned for more!
Hostess 1… Little Debbie 0.
I’d like to say she was my friend, but in truth she was more like just a coworker, a simple acquaintance. She was someone I saw at work. Someone I had spoken to only a few times. She was someone I knew more about than I thought, but she probably didn’t really know I existed. It doesn’t make is hurt less. Watching the people who cared so much for her, it hurts. Such a young life to be taken so terribly. People die everyday in accidents, but this wasn’t an accident. A horrible person did this.
I watched her walk across the screen of my computer today and I wanted to run out and grab her, tell her not to go home. But then I remembered this was the past. She had made that walk the night before she was taken away and there was nothing I could have done to stop it. It was a terrible feeling. I don’t want to look at anymore video before Thursday June 7th 2012. At the same time I want to watch all the video I can to remember that smiling girl who did a great job decorating the cakes that I always wanted to eat. The funny accent that she had no problem showing off. The ponytail that bounced a little when she walked. The smile she always wore. That’s who she was. That’s the person I remember, even though I knew so little about her.
Goodbye Brianne. Rest in Peace.
So we were on the dock admiring the boat in the water when this little turtle swam up to the surface. We happen to have a skimmer down on the dock and I decided to catch him. After some patience, he came back up to the surface and using my ninja skills he became Leonardo (this is of course tentative considering there is always a chance it could be a female), my pet baby aquatic turtle. I’ve only had him like a day now, but I already think he’s awesome and I will be sharing him on my tumblr a lot as long as he makes it through being taken from the wild. I wondered if I was really doing the right thing catching him, but I read that a lot of baby turtles don’t survive in the wild. Once I get everything set up with his tank and everything I am positive we will become best friends!! =)
A day off for me is most usually characterized as such.
1. There will most certainly be rain. This is pretty continuous for me and is quite the bummer most of the time. However, we never seem to have enough rain. This must mean I don’t have enough days off.
2. I will have plans that cannot be done in the rain. Prime example of the day: Swimming. So much for that. You’d think I’d learn to make alternative plans. But, no.
3. I will be overly sleepy. A day off means sleeping in which means too much sleep which makes you as sleepy as if you weren’t getting enough sleep. Time for a nap.
4. There will definitely be chores that need to be done. The current look of my bedroom leaves little to the imagination on my organizational skills and the pile of laundry is just begging for some soapy water.
5. Luckily I most usually have a show or two to catch up on and a redbox or two laying around. I might even have my never yet watched netflix in the lovely red envelope. Lots of red going on.
And last (however certain not least) my day is characterized by
6. A desperate need to go into work at least once. The work load can pile up on me so quick that I want at least a little insight into what is about to happen when I come back. I usually succumb to this and it results in a wasted day. Again you’d think I’d learn, but alas.
Its crazy that I even look forward to a day off. Oh right, something else I have yet to learn. I think I never want to get that one right. I like days off, despite never having them go as planned. Makes me seem spontaneous.